Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Comments on Other Blogs

Beezy said...
I'm glad you mentioned "self-responsibility of education." A lot of times, I find myself blaming others for my educational downfalls, instead of looking at what i can do to improve the situation. Just because the teacher didn't cover a certain subject in class, is it not my responsibility to find understanding of the subject on my own? Just because I stayed up all night studying and overslept for class, is it the teacher's responsibility to let me make up the work? No, it isn't. I have to take responsibility for my own education. And it starts with letting go of excuses and taking responsibility for my own education.
(Comment on Albert Ellis’s post, “Convocation Speech,” Thursday, October 14, 2010)
Beezy said...
You're right, Haikeem. It's funny how a nation built on Christian principles can have a problem with saying that line. What kind of Christian is ashamed to say that God rules over their nation? It's crazy that a pastor, a leader of the church, can set such a bad example to other Christians. As a Christian, we should love and accept everyone, even if we don't agree with or love the things that they do.
(Comment on Haikeem Johnson’s post, “One Nation, Under GOD,” Friday, September 10, 2010)
Beezy said...
I totally agree with you on this. This class has helped me grow as a writer, too. Through discussions in class, I have learned to dig deeper when writing and get into detail about the subject. I've learned to write with a purpose, and to ask questions when writing. I, too, hope that I can grow more before the end of the semester.
(Comment on Dominique Alexis’s post, “Self-Assessment,” Thursday, October 14, 2010)
Beezy said...
I agree with your definition of success. Although I did not attend convocation, I was able to hear some of the inspiring things Dr. Carson had to say while listening to him online. I definitely believe that one must lead by example, and Dr. Carson showed that by taking the time out to speak to us.
(Comment on Jordan Bailey’s post, “Ben Carson Convocation,” Thursday, September 30, 2010)

Beezy
 said...
So right. As a freshman, it's so easy to feel unsure and scared about every little decision we make. I, too, find myself questioning everything. It was so inspiring to realize that the man who is leading our country has been through the same thing and still feels it sometimes.
(Comment on Erin White’s post, “Inspiration,” Friday, September 17, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment